Sat, Oct 29|
Herbal Apothecary 101: Elderberry Elixir
Learn how to make your own Elderberry Elixir to help you and your family fight the flu season.
Time & Location
Oct 29, 2022, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Erstwhile Studios, 510 5th St, Sioux City, IA 51101, USA
About the event
Have you heard of the amazing benefits of Elderberries? Have you wondered how to make an immune boosting elixir to help keep yourself and your family well this winter season? What if I told you that Cassidy & Michelle spent the later part of the summer collecting enough elderberries to share their knowledge, recipe, and process with you? You now have an amazing opportunity to tap into the knowledge and experience of not one, but two certified herbalists.
With this class you will leave with a 1 pint jar full of power packed ingredients to help you fight flu season.
Join Cassidy & Michelle as they share with you the importance and the benefits of Elderberry Elixirs and all of their ingredients.
Come Prepared: Things to bring with you & to keep in mind.
Items Provided per Student:
- 1 Pint Mason Jar
- Elixir Ingredients (minus the alcohol required)
- Kitchen cutting and mixing utensils
Things to Bring:
- Notebook & Pen - You're invited to take notes during class so don't forget to bring a notebook and pen!
- Stay Hydrated - Class will run 1 - 2 hours. We have bottled water and hot tea for sale at the counter, but you are welcome to bring something of your own to drink.
- Apron (optional) - If you would like to bring an apron to provide an additional barrier between you and the ingredients, you are welcome to bring one of your own.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Be Comfortable - The studio can run on the chilly side (gotta love old buildings) so be sure to dress with optional layers, in case you get too cold.
- You will be working with fresh ingredients that can potentially spill or stain, so be sure to wear clothing items you don't mind getting messy in and /or bring an apron (as mentioned above).
- You will need to have approximately 1 cup of brandy and a cheesecloth available at home once you arrive there with your freshly created elixir in hand.
Alcohol Notice & Disclaimer:
- Elderberry Elixirs require alcohol. Erstwhile does not possess a liquor license and therefore cannot serve or provide the alcohol required to create the elixir. You will need to add this item once you get home with your creation.
- While this class doesn't require you be 21 years of age to attend, you do need to be aware of the alcohol requirement. Without it, your elixir won't have the necessary elements it needs in order to become the potent medicinal remedy that it is known to be.